The parish of Llanddewi Skirrid adjoins the eastern border of the parish of Llantilio Pertholey. It is a relatively small parish with the Church of St David, which was extensively restored in 1879 by Crawshay Bailey Junior. The Church has been listed as Grade 2 building as a prime example of the work of the architect John Pritchard of Llandaff. The interior has attractive brass candelabra and unusual pink granite stonework around the altar and supporting the pulpit. St David’s also has a fine example of a W. G. Vowles pipe organ built in 1882. It is a two manual instrument with mechanical action throughout and, we are told, one of the finest instruments in the area.
A band of faithful and enthusiastic worshippers met every Sunday at 9.15am (Holy Eucharist 2nd and 4th Sunday’s, Matins 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday’s). Each August the church also arranges a Summer Concert.
The parish is also fortunate to have the use of a small village hall, which like the church is also a grade 2 listed building. This prefabricated metal-clad mission hall was built originally to meet the spiritual needs of workmen and families constructing a reservoir near Abergavenny. Monthly coffee mornings are held at the hall.